World Vision is committed to providing you with an exceptional supporter experience. It is essential for our development that we are listening to our supporters, partners, and members of the public. If we have fallen short, please let us know so that we can put in steps to resolve the situation as quickly as possible. We regularly review our supporter feedback and are always seeking ways we can improve and do better. We report on any complaints, to our senior leadership team, and to the Fundraising Regulator.
Our definition of a complaint
World Vision SA defines a complaint in the following way:
An expression of dissatisfaction, whether oral or written, and whether justified or not, about any aspect of the organisation's work, policies or procedures, as well as the standards of service World Vision SA offers, whether in SA or overseas.
How to make a complaint
- You can phone us on 0112871700. One of our Supporter Care team members will be pleased to help you. Our phone lines are open Monday to Thursday 08:30am - 4:30pm and Friday 08:30am - 3pm.
- You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or you can write to us at: World Vision SA, Private Bag X10088, Randburg, 2125
The complaint process
- Please provide us with as much information as you can in order that we can resolve your query as efficiently as possible.
- We are aware that a supporter or member of the public may choose to express a complaint via our presence on social media platforms. In these instances, we will give an initial response within 48 hours. We may decide to either respond further within the social media platform or request that the complainant contact us through other means, such as by phone. This is to ensure that we comply with World Vision SA’s confidentiality policy as well as practically helping us gather all the appropriate information quickly.
- We may choose not to respond to a complainant who is abusive or offensive in their manner.
- World Vision SA is unable to respond to complaints made anonymously but will still investigate the contents of the complaint and use it to improve or change practice wherever appropriate.
Our promise to you
- We will aim to respond to your query within 3 working days for email complaints, and 15 working days for postal complaints.
- If we think we may need a little more time to gather information, we will be in touch to let you know.
- All complaints will be treated seriously, with sensitivity, and respect.
- We hope that we will be able to resolve your complaint at the first point of contact. However, if our Supporter Care team are unable to do so, you can escalate this to the Supporter Care Manager.
- If after speaking to one of our managers you still feel that your complaint has not been resolved, you can get in touch with the National Director for World Vision SA by calling 0112851700 or emailing email@example.com