World Vision is committed to providing you with an exceptional supporter experience. It is essential for our development that we are listening to our supporters, partners, and members of the public. If we have fallen short, please let us know so that we can put in steps to resolve the situation as quickly as possible. We regularly review our supporter feedback and are always seeking ways we can improve and do better. We report on any complaints, to our senior leadership team, and to the Fundraising Regulator.
Our definition of a complaint
World Vision SA defines a complaint in the following way:
An expression of dissatisfaction, whether oral or written, and whether justified or not, about any aspect of the organisation's work, policies or procedures, as well as the standards of service World Vision SA offers, whether in SA or overseas.
How to make a complaint
- You can phone us on +27 64 035 5858. One of our Supporter Care team members will be pleased to help you. Our phone lines are open Monday to Thursday 08:30am - 4:30pm and Friday 08:30am - 3pm.
- You can also email us at email@example.com
- Or you can write to us at: World Vision SA, Private Bag X10088, Randburg, 2125
The complaint process
- Please provide us with as much information as you can in order that we can resolve your query as efficiently as possible.
- We are aware that a supporter or member of the public may choose to express a complaint via our presence on social media platforms. In these instances, we will give an initial response within 48 hours. We may decide to either respond further within the social media platform or request that the complainant contact us through other means, such as by phone. This is to ensure that we comply with World Vision SA’s confidentiality policy as well as practically helping us gather all the appropriate information quickly.
- We may choose not to respond to a complainant who is abusive or offensive in their manner.
- World Vision SA is unable to respond to complaints made anonymously but will still investigate the contents of the complaint and use it to improve or change practice wherever appropriate.
Our promise to you
- We will aim to respond to your query within 3 working days for email complaints, and 15 working days for postal complaints.
- If we think we may need a little more time to gather information, we will be in touch to let you know.
- All complaints will be treated seriously, with sensitivity, and respect.
- Contact our Supporter Care Team on +27 64 035 5858 or email firstname.lastname@example.org One of our fully trained team members will handle your complaint personally. We aim to resolve it within three working days.
- If you are still unhappy, you can contact the Office Lead of World Vision SA by email email@example.com who will work to resolve any problems between you and World Vision SA.