World Vision South Africa calls upon the government of South Africa to:
- Establish working referral systems and structures to protect children from all forms of abuse, violence and exploitation.
- Bring to book and prosecute all the perpetrators of child abuse without fear of favor
- Protect children from harmful cultural practices that take away the dignity and self-esteem of children
- Ensure that children participate in decision making in age appropriate manner
- Support at risk households by early intervention and local support to prevent neglect, abuse and exploitation